Sunday, November 22, 2020

DECEMBER MEMORIES with Guest Designer NEELA NALAM

 


I am so excited to have finished creating my next set of pages for my December Memories album using the Sparkle and Joy kit. I am enjoying creating these pages so much. For this set, my theme was to capture the magic of this season.

For the first page, I wanted to make a whimsical introduction page. I created a circle window and backed it with vellum. I also added the gold sticker that says magic and a whole bunch of gold stars from the gold puffy sticker sheet. I pretty much used up all the stars on that kit for this. I love the look of it especially as you can see my son’s photo through the vellum which is the photo on the next page. It is just so much fun to add such elements in the December Albums.


For the second set of pages, I added some journaling on the left side and added a few embellishments. For the journaling itself, I cut out one of the 3x4 journal cards into 3x3 size so that it fits on this page. I added gold strips on the top and bottom for some sparkle. The right side of the page is an 8.5x5 inches sized photo of my son that I took in 2015. I then added minimum embellishments on this page as the photo is the highlight. I love the circle chipboard stickers that come with this kit so much. I can’t wait to use all of them.


For the third set of pages, the photo on the left is side is one of my kids in front of our bigger Christmas tree which we bought in 2017. They were so excited to put it up and decorate it. Again it is an 8.5 x 5 sized photo to which I added some embellishments this time from the ephemera pack. On the right side, I added my journaling backed by a tag from the shop. For the journaling, I modified a 3x4 card and made it longer and typed my journaling on it.

 


For the fourth set of pages, I have two photos, one of Criddles, our elf and one of my son opening his gifts. For the photo on the left, the embellishments and journaling are simple. I added some gold hearts on the photo on the left and a label with journaling. On the right I used some puffy stickers to embellish the photo. Again I modified a digital 3x4 card to add my journaling.

 



For the last page, I have photo of my niece opening her gifts. She has spent the first three Christmases of her life with us and it is awesome to see the how much more she enjoys the magic of this season with each passing year. The sheer joy in her face is in this photo is magic.

 

 

To see how these pages came together, do check out the process video.




No comments:

Post a Comment