Monday, November 16, 2020

Stamping with Kira

 


Hey there!  It's Kira and I am back with another layout in my life crafted album.  Today I wanted to focus on one of my favorite Citrus Twist products:  the stamps!  Here's a look at the layout I made today:

I started this layout with a story:  a story about my youngest son and what he says around our new puppy.  I didn't have any pictures that necessarily ~fit~ the story, so I found one of my favorites from Halloween and decided to use that. The colors in the photo are very autumn-ish:  browns, yellows, reds, so I pulled out a few ink pads from my stash that I thought would work well wish the photo. 

 

Before stamping, I printed out the paper I wanted to use as my background.  Typically when I am looking for a background paper with a subtle print, I opt for a grid pattern.  But while searching through my CTK digital files, I stumbled upon this polka dot from October.  Since I knew I wanted to stamp on one side and type on the reverse, I changed the opacity so it was more of a grey dot than the original black dot.   


Then I started my stamping!  I grabbed the three stamp sets from this month:  This is Life stamp set, Travelers Notebook stamp set and the Life Crafted stamp set.  I chose a few stamps from each set that I thought would work well with this story, and stamped in a 2"x3" area on my paper, using four different colors.  The stars worked well to fill in any gaps I had in my design.  

On the reverse page, I typed out my journaling before I printed my background paper.  Then I backed my photo with some patterned paper from the add-on kit, which coordinated with the colors of ink I had chosen.  I placed a cut apart on some foam tape and added it between my photo and my journaling.  

To tie the pages together, I took a strip of the orange patterned paper and adhered it to the bottom of the stamped page.  I added some stitching with my sewing machine.  And finished it off with my title, using the white foam alphas from the Life Crafted kit.  

Thanks for stopping by!

xo, Kira 



No comments:

Post a Comment