Sunday, December 17, 2023

Sunday Sketch with Marci

 


Hello, thank you for joining me this Sunday for our Sketch challenge.  It is a very fun and creative one. 

Here is the sketch we will be using. I loved the evergreen trees on this page. My original plan was to follow the sketch almost exactly. After making my trees, I liked them so much I did not want to cover them up. I therefore adjusted the sketch slightly. 


Here is my final layout. I made the main page 7in wide by 8.25in tall to fit in my December Album this year. To include a longer story and more embellishing, I added two 3x4 journaling cards to the left side of the layout. 





I used two Citrus Twist exclusive cut files for my trees.  All the papers, cards, and embellishments came from the OH WHAT FUN! kit. I think the black and white color palette with a pop of red is such an elegant look. I made sure to pull a bit of red into each area of the spread.



I used a white, glitter texture paste from my stash to paint the center tree. Similar to the sketch, I wanted it to have a snow-flocked look.  I then used a red marker to color in the stars on the cut file. It was a simple step that I think adds a lot to the design. 

Here are a few more close-up looks. 




Thank you for stopping by. I'd love to see what you create with this sketch. 





No comments:

Post a Comment