Sunday, November 20, 2022

SUNDAY SKETCH with Nathalie

 


Hi there!

Nathalie with you today to share a new project inspired on this week's sketch.   We all love a good sketch is like the foundation of a cohesive and successful layout that comes together in a breeze.  Let's take a  look at this week's sketch: 




And here is my project inspired on the sketch and featuring a combination of the Parasol Add on kit, and Gather Mini kit and digital files:




I  decided to stay close to the sketch for the picture side of my spread.   The diagonal  strip of paper in the sketch was the perfect starting point for the spread .




I trimmed patterned papers from the Parasol Add-on kit to create the base and  diagonal strip of the page.  My choice was to get rid of the stitched paper strip at the top of the page, and added a large floral cluster ( Gather Ephemera pack) in its place.  I kept the picture placement as per the sketch but moved some pieces/embellishments around so that they balance the page a bit better.




I added the small diagonal paper strip to the bottom right corner of the spread -as per sketch-.   This time, I shortened the stitched paper strip, and created a banner from one of the 6x4 digital cards.  I used the Mint Puffy Alpha Stickers to add my title on the banner.   In addition,  I added a second floral cluster (Gather ephemera) behind the title.




Here is where I took liberties with the sketch, and decided to elongate the diagonal line of the design.  I carried over that line into the other side of the spread, and created a pocket to house my journaling (Gather Digital collection) card in place.




Since this page documents day 4 of my Gratitude album - 6x8 Pumpkin Spice Life Crafted Album-, I used a metal die to cut the number 4 from patterned paper (Parasol Add on kit) then mixed  ephemera pieces (Gather kit) with enamel dots (Parasol Add On kit) as the embellishment cluster/subtitle in the front of the pocket.  this cluster completes my visual triangle.





I am using one of the Gather digital elements to create my journaling card.  I simply enlarged it -using Photoshop- then duplicated the card, and  rotated one of them before joining them together.   I simply added my journaling and printed it  off.




I  love how this turned out,  and how easily it came together using the sketch as inspiration for the page.   Remember to check the sketch, and share any project you create inspired by it.


XO!




No comments:

Post a Comment