Sunday, November 6, 2022

SUNDAY SKETCH WITH DESIREE


 Hello crafty friends! Today I am so excited to share my take on this month's sketch. Let's take a look at it below.


I really loved the stacked layers on this sketch. My first thought was to use paint for those background strips, but I decided to use the gorgeous Life Crafted Gather Traveler's Notebook Digital Papers


To recreate this sketch, I made a 6x8 layout in my Life Crafted 6x8 Peony Album. The first two patterned paper layers were made using this pink floral paper from the Gather Digital Papers and the woodgrain paper from the Heart and Hustle Digital Notebook Papers.  


Next, I placed my photo at the bottom of the layered patterned paper. I decided to work my photo cluster up the page. This way it resembled the sketch without matching it perfectly.


I used the exclusive Citrus Twist Kits Gather Die Cuts from the Gather Mini Kit to build the cluster. I love how the beautiful jewel-toned, autumn florals framed opposite corners of my picture. I added thin, horizontal patterned paper strips to the top and bottom of the paper from the Gather Digital Papers to ground my page. 




To complete the layout, I placed the "grateful" die cut at the top right of my cluster. Then I sprinkled the Jewel Tone Citrus Twist Kits Enamel Dots throughout the edges of my cluster.

Thank you so much for spending some creative time with us today! I love how this layout came together thanks to the gorgeous, Fall Gather Mini Kit and sketch. I hope you are feeling inspired.







 








No comments:

Post a Comment