Saturday, January 22, 2022

3-TO-INSPIRE WITH ETTIENE

 

Hello!!  I'm so excited to share my first 3-to-inspirepost.  For today's 3-to-Inspire, I am using the new Fresh Starts kit to create a traditional 12x12 scrapbook page.  

Here is what I picked for my page:

1. 6x8 paper

2. 2 different fonts

3. 2 main colors


As soon as I saw the stamp set I imagined a combination of stamped journaling and hand written journaling.  I love that the All the Things stamp set has so many versatile sentiments allowing me to easily combine it to create my own journaling block.  For me its very important to occasionally use my own handwriting in my projects.  I love looking back at my grandmothers handwriting and hope that my kids will feel the same about mine.  I also adore the imperfection from the stamped edges and how it makes you want to stay and read what I have written.  



My favorite part of any kit is the floral papers.  I was immediately drawn to the orange and pink floral and thought it was a great start to a layout.  I used this paper as inspiration for my colors and picked out matching ephemera from the kit.  I love the simplicity of using only a couple of colors in my layouts offset with a little touch of black.  In order to make the 6x8 paper stand out a little more I hand drew a border around it.  

The final touch was my title.  My kids are now 5 and 8 so this picture is slightly older.  I combined the sweet title from the puffy phrase stickers with the tiny alphabet stickers.  If you don't feel comfortable with handwriting and stamping like I did in my journaling this is another great way to include 2 fonts on your page.  



I hope this post is inspiring you to create with your supplies in a new way.  I would love to see your photos so tag Citrus Twist Kits on Instagram and Facebook.   




No comments:

Post a Comment