Friday, January 14, 2022

Life Crafted with Ingunn

 


Happy 2022, everyone! January is the perfect time to finish one's December album. So what am I doing? Well, I'm going back and working on my Winter 2021 album instead, of course!

When the pandemic started, I had a really hard time scrapbooking. Not just because having the kids home all day err' day and my husband working from home in my scrapbook room (HOW DARE HE) made it hard to find time, but because the thought of filling an entire, huge scrapbook page seemed overwhelming for my 2020-addled brain. Enter Life Crafted albums...they were so cute and colorful and mood-boosting, and the size felt doable. 

Slowly but surely, I started filling them up, making little collections of stories about how our family was finding our way through the pandemic. I have a summer album full of hiking and ice cream, an autumn album full of hiking and socially-distanced trick-or-treating. I have a winter album full of hiking and hygge.


Eagle-eyed readers may have noticed a common theme to these seasonal albums: hiking! And this spread is no different. It's about how we would take our kids out hiking and pretend camping in one of our local forests, while also handing off parenting duties to each other so both of us adults could get our weekly long runs in.

I measured out the puffy title I wanted to use, then left room for it on my blank white page when I wrote my journaling. I also divided the journaling into three spaces that roughly corresponded with the size and content of my photos. Then I glued the photos onto one of the patterned papers in the Fresh Starts kit, and added some of the puffy stickers onto the photos. I nestled some flowers from the Take it Inside Ephemera around the title, and voilà!


I hope you've all found as much joy and comfort as I have in these little albums lately!





No comments:

Post a Comment