Saturday, December 11, 2021

3-to-Inspire with Ingunn




Happy Saturday, Twisties! We're a third of the way through December! Have I finished LAST year's December album yet? No. Am I panicking about this? No! Scrapbooking is supposed to be fun, and to me, December scrapbooking is the funnest. Is that a word? No. Do I care? No! 

Anyhoo, for my post this week I decided to go back to one of my favorite moments of December 2020. It was obviously a tough season for most of us, but on this particular night, a church in our town adjusted to the social distancing rules by setting up a drive-through light show. It felt so magical, and on the drive back to our house, our oldest daughter told us that she secretly thinks coronavirus is kind of nice, because her dad is always home and we have so many special occasions. Well melt my heart why don't you!

My three elements this time were:

1) an imperfect photo

2) digital journaling cards

3) stars!



One thing I've learned to embrace with December scrapbooking is blurry photos. It's dark all the freaking time, colors are all weird from Christmas lights, and kids are hopped up on sugar so they never stop moving. But there's no way I'm not going to use a photo that shows this much joy and emotion! 



I loved how these two digital journaling cards worked together, so I decided to use both of them stacked on top of each other. They were originally 3x4 inches, but since I was working with the back of two 4x4 pockets (a full-sized page protector fused into two pockets), I used photoshop to widen them to the correct size before adding my journaling. 




If I have to sum up my approach to December documenting in one phrase, I think it has to be "throw some stars on it". I used the chipboard and gold puffy stars to surround my daughter in sparkles. Love! My finishing touches were a suitable die cut and of course the day's number in puffy gold stickers on top of one of the stars. 

I hope you're all having as much fun with your December documenting as I am, no matter which year you are working on!


 

No comments:

Post a Comment