Sunday, December 12, 2021

Sunday Sketch with Nathalie

 


Hello there!

Nathalie back with you to share a bit of inspiration featuring this week's sketch.   There are those times when you have an idea and need to find a way to share it.  Well, the sketch was the perfect way to bring my idea to live in a short amount of time.   Let's start with the sketch:




The sketch might look a bit challenging, but when you deconstructed it becomes a simple grid with a diagonal line of embellishments.   So here is what I created using the sketch as inspiration.




The main feature of the sketch is the 4 chipboard frames in each quadrant of the page. So, I pulled the Flea Market Findings kit's chipboard frames to build my page.





I chose to focus just on the center part of the sketch.   So, I changed the two paper layers for a large picture of a bubblegum sky (as seen from my balcony) so that it fit the entire Life Crafted spread. I added the small strip of paper ( Market Square Add on kit) to ground my page.




I had a few more pictures from that morning.  So, I sized them to fit inside the chipboard frames, and decided to glue each to a diagonally opposite quadrant.  Since the photo had lots of dark shadows in the bottom of the page, I decided to add larger pieces there. I changed one of the chipboard frames for a pocket.  I added my journal card, and then added pieces from the December ephemera and Chipboard stickers.





I did not want to cover the beautiful sky, so I chose the smaller frames for the top of the page.  I combined the chipboard frame and the diagonal elements at the very top of the page. The last element was to add enamel dots to replace the ink splatters on the sketch.




I hope this inspires you to take a look at the sketch and use it in your projects.  Cannot wait to see what you create!


XO



No comments:

Post a Comment