Monday, August 20, 2018

Inspiration Seeking with Kira

Hey friends!  It's Kira and I am back with two new layouts using the Perfectly Posh kits.  Here's a look at my first layout:



If you received the pocket life kit this month, you would've seen this pocket life card:



This card inspired the entirety of my layout.  I loved the circular element, the sunset-like colors, and I loved how easily this could be translated into a scrapbook layout!



I started by cutting a large 7" circle from a piece of 8.5" x 11" white cardstock.  Then I cut strips (about 1/4" wide) from a variety of papers from the Willow Lane 6x8 paper pad (included in the PL kit).  I adhered these strips with just a tiny bit of wet glue onto the circle from the cardstock.  I stuck closely to the color placement of the PL card.  Then I stitched each strip down with my sewing machine.  I added some foam behind the background paper, and adhered the circle underneath.



I decided to scrapbook this adorable photo of my youngest son when he was monkeying around in my bed.  I can't stand how cute he is in this photo.  I backed the photo with some packaging from some Willow Lane embellishments.



Then it was just a matter of embellishing, I loosely color-blocked my embellishments, and added some gold glitter stars for a pop of sparkle.  I thought the perfect finishing touch to this layout was the crown I added to my son's photo.



Now, here's a look at my second layout:



I recently discovered artist Sarah Milne on Instagram.  She does the most amazing collage art and I fell in love with the florals she creates.  I knew they could be perfect on a scrapbook page if I could figure out a way to translate them well.



I started by punching five circles: two 1.5" and three 2".  I wanted to figure out placement before starting because I didn't want to make too many or too few.  Once I had placement down, it was time to build my flowers.



I chose some of the blue and lavender colored papers from the 6x8 Willow Lane paper pad.  I cut the papers into strips about 1"-2" wide.  Then I cut very messy crescent shapes out of the paper.  I started layering up the flowers on the circles I had punched earlier, starting from outside, working my way in.  I didn't have an order as to how to layer the paper pieces, I wanted it to look as random as possible.



Once I reached the center, I added the buttons from the main kit to three of the flowers.  The two other flowers got a paper cut circle and enamel dot.



I used my manual die cut machine to cut some leaves out of two shades of green paper included in the paper pad.  Then I mixed shapes and colors of leaves for each of the flowers.  I used the Wonderful thickers to add my title "Love You".



I finished off the page with some embellishments from the sticker sheet and thickers.



I hope you enjoyed these two pages I created, and got some ideas on how to find your own inspiration!  Thank you so much for stopping by!

xo, Kira


No comments:

Post a Comment