Tuesday, August 7, 2018

Tuesday Tutorial with Kira



Hello again, Citrus Twist fans!  It's Kira and I am back for Tuesday Tutorial.  Do any of you have pen pals?  I have a few crafty friends who I write to regularly and send crafty gifts to, but lately, I have been slacking a little.  So I thought I could use my Citrus Twist kits to create a sweet little gift for one of my friends!



I was inspired by the Mixed Media kit this month.  I am in love with this cute Fruitastic stamp set from Pinkfresh Studio.  And thought it would be fun to make my own berry basket.

I used a berry basket cut file from Cricut Design Space and cut it out of the "Sprinkled" paper.  I filled it with the crinkle paper that is included in my kits every month (I save it every month so I never run out!).  Then I added my strawberries!



Supplies you will need for your strawberries:
-paper
-glue
-strawberry cut file
-leaf cut file
-candy

I made the strawberries by first creating a cut file.  (You can download it here, to either cut on your die cut machine, or cut by hand).  I used the Maggie Holmes "Sweet One" paper, which was perfect for my strawberries.  Once you have your strawberries cut out, you will fold along the score lines and glue the sides together.  This should create a little "cup" that you can fill with candy!  I used M&Ms, but how cute would some gummy strawberry candies look in these?!



Next you'll glue together the top of the strawberry, layering each "tab" on top of the last with a dot of glue.  Another option for closing the strawberries would be to punch a hole in each tab and then closing it up with some string.




To finish off the strawberries, I attached a leaf die cut.  I used a cut file from The Cut Shoppe, but any leaf cut file would work fine, or even hand cut leaves would look cute!  I used one of the 6x8 papers included in the Pocket Life kit, for a light pink and mint color scheme.



The mint ribbon from the main kit was perfect to finish off my basket.  I just tied it around the top of the basket rim for an extra sweet touch!

Back to the stamp set that inspired my entire project:  I decided to make a card to attach to my berry basket.  I stamped in similar pink and mint colors for my strawberries on some white cardstock.  Then I stamped the sentiment "I picked the best friend" in black directly on top of the strawberry pattern.  I backed the white cardstock with a pink paper from the 6x8 paper pad.  I adhered the card to the basket with a mini clothespin from my stash.



And there it is!  The sweetest little gift!  I hope you enjoyed this tutorial and thank you so much for stopping by!

xo, Kira



3 comments:

  1. This is just so precious. Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love! What kind of glue do you use?

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so so cute and thank you for the cut file too! I already have someone in mind <3

    ReplyDelete