Friday, August 3, 2018

Pocket Life Challenge with Candace


Hello friends!  Welcome back to the CTK blog!  How much are you loving the new August kits?!  I think they are my favorite yet! So much beauty and inspiration in these kits! Make sure you stop by the shop and check out all the goodies.
Now for today's pocket life challenge.  I have 3 fun challenges all wrapped up in one layout.  Here is a look at the final layout.  I love how it turned out with all the different colors and elements wrapped up together.


Challenge #1: Use the vintage paper included in the kit.  If needed you can alter it to match the look and theme of your spread.  For my spread I cut the vintage paper down to 3x4 then painted it with white paint to slightly change the color of the paper to match the other colors in the spread.  Next, I layered a stamped piece of vellum over the top to make it look like a map.  So cute right?!



Challenge #2: Add dimension.  Use pop dots or dimensional adhesive to add embellishments at different heights around your spread. On my layout I used flat, 1/8 inch and 1/4 inch adhesive on different elements all around the spread. 



Challenge #3:  Textures.  I love that included in the kit are all different kinds of textures.  Try including all these different textures on one spread.  On my layout I combined the cork, fabric tags, chipboard, paper and vellum.  So many different things to look at and different textures to feel.  These textures add so much interest to the layout!



So there you have it, 3 challenges all on one layout! I can't wait to see what you create! Have fun and get creative!  


No comments:

Post a Comment