Monday, January 29, 2018

Extend Your Kits | Kristel & Tara

Happy Monday friends! Today Kristel and Tara are sharing a different spin on how they used their kits in other ways than the norm. Kristel is working with the Sugarland PL kit and Tara is using the January GraceBox kit



---------------------------------

Hi all! So, today Tara and I wanted to challenge ourselves to use our kits for something totally different than what we were used to.
I have been working with the Pocket Life kit, which is perfect for all sorts of memory keeping; whether it's Project Life, scrapbooking, using a traveler's notebook, etc.
But, I have found out it is also perfect for decorating your planner, for example :-) And I'm sure there are many more ways to use your kit.

To keep track of my DT projects and deadlines, social media and personal crafty ideas, I'm using a (medium) Happy Planner this year.
These have a weekly overview in which the days are vertically divided into rectangle little boxes which you can use in all sorts of ways.

Since I don't need to break up my days, I just use one or two boxes to write down all my notes and the others I like to decorate.


I chose a few of the papers in the kit, including the awesome book page, and cut rectangle boxes in the same size as my planner's.


I always like to create some sort of a pattern with these boxes and leave open space where I can write down all my notes.
As long as I leave enough white space for my notes, I'm all for decorating, so I got out some of the included embellishments and played with them.
To finish this week's layout, I got out (CTK) November's TN stamp set, which has a couple of cute hearts included, and stamped a couple of hearts to act as bullet points.



I absolutely loved this challenge and its results, so I guess i will be using my PL kit more often for my planner and maybe more :-) 

Have a lovely week and until next time!

Love, Kristel

---------------------------------

Hello! I am so excited to work with Kristel today on a different take of how to use our kits. I use the GraceBox kits mostly for bible journaling and faith journaling, but really wanted to try something different.

This year I purchased a Hobonichi Cousin planner to use for my faith catchall. Instead of planning in it, I am using the daily pages for reflections on bible readings.

I wanted to use the first page of January for mapping my faith this year. I took the concept of mind mapping and tweaked it to faith mapping.


I'm a huge fan of all Citrus Twist Kits stamps and used this month's stamp set along with a few others from past GraceBox kits - V2 stamp, V4 stamp, V8 stamp, V13 stamp, Scripture doodles stamp, V17 stamp, and V19 stamp found here.

I really want to work on my walk with the Lord and strengthening in my faith. I decided to use the "walk in faith" stamp as my focus this year. I then chose key points to help me in my daily faith walk.


I added color to my page with Tim Holtz distress inks and water. I love to add it to extra packaging and smoosh it all over creating a watercolor effect. I also used the stencil and layered a few different colors of chalk ink to make the messy dots.


I added a few bullet points of what was on my heart regarding each key point.


I loved layering the cute Pretty Little Studio cutapart sheet and layering it with the vibrant Vicki Boutin diecuts for a pop of color.


I had so much fun going out of my comfort zone with this challenge. I plan to incorporate more faith mapping in the future. 

Have a wonderful week and thank you for stopping by. I hope Kristel and I inspired you to try a few new things with your kits.

Blessings! Xxo, Tara



No comments:

Post a Comment