Tuesday, October 13, 2020

Pocket Page Challenge with Sheree

 


Hi everyone!

It’s Sheree here with you today and I have a new pocket page challenge to share with you!   I’ve used the gorgeous “Flourish” Life Crafted Kit to put together this double page spread about what’s happening around our place so far this October.


I absolutely adore the fun colours in the kit this month and it wasn’t hard to pick out the perfect cards to use for my project.  


I always like to add typed journaling to my cards so using the digital version of the kit cards makes it super easy to do in Photoshop.  For the title card on this spread I added text to this yellow card before printing it out.  I added some machine stitching, then adhered the “October” title down the side using the beautiful green puffy alphabet stickers.  A couple of enamel dots finished this card off perfectly.

For the photo next to this card I added the “Love” ephemera piece and layered a word sticker and a puffy heart sticker on top.  Stitching was also added with my sewing machine for a little texture.


At the bottom of the first page is a photo of my blooming cactus.  I simply layered puffy stickers onto a word sticker and added a row of stitching.

The pretty floral card is one of my favourites!   I stamped a phrase from the 3” x 4” FLOURISH Life Crafted Kit Stamp Set onto some white cardstock, adhered it across the middle of the card and added a row of stitching.


At the top of the second page I added another word sticker to the bottom of the photo along with a puffy heart sticker and stitching.

For the blue “noted” journaling card I printed some text onto vellum and stitched it onto the card. I like that this added an extra layer instead of just printing straight onto the card.  I also adhered a couple of enamel dots at the top of the card too.


At the bottom of this page I have a 4” x 6” photo of the fair that’s on right now around the corner from where we live.  I snapped this photo on one of our afternoon walks and I love how the colours in this photo work with this kit!  I created a little cluster in the top left corner of the photo using ephemera, a piece from the digital cutapart sheet, a word sticker, a puffy star, some enamel dots…and more stitching of course!


You can watch my process in the video below if you'd like to see more detail...

I hope you’ve enjoyed seeing how I put this spread together and that I’ve given you a few ideas you can use on your pocket pages!

Thanks for stopping by!

Sheree x

No comments:

Post a Comment