Sunday, October 25, 2020

Sunday Sketch Challenge with Angela



Hello Citrus Twist friends!
It's Angela back on the blog with a new layout for this week Sunday Sketch challenge. Here is the sketch I played with




and this is my version in traditional 12 inch size


Angela_Tombari_Citrus_Twist_Kits_Oct25_01


For making the page I mainly used October Add-on kit. The first thing I chose was the paper for the background. I went for Very Dear paper from Marigold collection by Crate Paper. I am a big fan of woodgrain designs.


Angela_Tombari_Citrus_Twist_Kits_Oct25_02


Like in the sketch, I chose a big flower for my focal point beside the photo and I created a cluster of tiny embellishments all around it. Labels, stcikers, enamel dots and puffy stickers are all from Flourish Life Crafted Kit


Angela_Tombari_Citrus_Twist_Kits_Oct25_03


Between the two photos I added a ribbon that was in the Add-on kit and I sewed it directly to the paper.
The two photo are sticked on a pile of papers, included the beautiful old book papers included in the kit.


Angela_Tombari_Citrus_Twist_Kits_Oct25_04


As you can see, comparing to the original sketch, I moved things around but kept pretty similar the top. I sewed a strip of patterned paper along the top border. Right below, on the left corner, I added a couple of hearts and enamel dots and I stamped a few words from Flourish Life Crafted stamp.
Angela_Tombari_Citrus_Twist_Kits_Oct25_05


The title is in the same spot, beside the lower photo. Here too, I added a few enamel dots, hearts and a sentiment stamped in black.


Angela_Tombari_Citrus_Twist_Kits_Oct25_06


The journaling is approximately in the same position than the sketch but hidden in a slit I cut on the paper. I wrote the journaling on a die cut card from Marigold ephemera pack. To hold the card, I created a little pocket on the revers side of the paper. 


Angela_Tombari_Citrus_Twist_Kits_Oct25_07


Thank you so much for stopping by. I hope you liked the page but most of all, I hope you feel inspired to create with Citrus Twist kits. If you'd like to partecipate to the challenge, please share your projects on the Facebook Citrus Twist Fan Page. We would love to see your beautiful pages!
Xo, NG





 

No comments:

Post a Comment