Thursday, October 22, 2020

Documenting Fall with Shannon

 

Hello there, friends! Shannon here with a spread that I made in my Fall Favorites travelers notebook. When the October add-on kit arrived at my door I knew that it was meant for fall pages. The muted colors and gold are just perfection. I made this travelers notebook myself using cardstock filler and patterned paper for the cover. Since I made it myself, I took some creative liberty and made a few 3x4 "flips" within the notebook. This spread features one of them! I used the dictionary paper as a backing on the flap and then layered it up with a tag, patterned paper, and a ribbon. The blue house grounds it all and ties into the theme of this layout - which is my fall decor.

The opposite side features a photo of my front door. I didn't want to embellish over the photo so I used the 4x6 Bailey alpha stamp to add a sentiment at the bottom of the photo.


The right side of the spread features photos from around my house arranged into photo strips. At the bottom of the strips, I used the October Travelers Notebook stamp and the Ready for This stamp to fill in the white space. I tucked a few pieces from the October add-on kit behind the photos because I can't ever stop layering! And that deer? Well, I'd wanted to use that from the minute I saw it.


The left side of the spread acts more like my title page. I made my title pop from the background by placing it on a piece of darker patterned paper. The gold leaf ties into the gold accents on the opposite page. I knew that I wanted to use the house card on this page so I backed it with the same woodgrain paper for continuity and then added some details around it. The pieces of ribbon add subtle finishing touches. 


And here's a look at the full spread. I really love the contrasting papers backing each side. I tried to stick with mostly neutral colors since there is so much color in my photos.


Did you grab yourself an October add-on kit? I can't wait to see what you make with it!



No comments:

Post a Comment