Wednesday, October 14, 2020

Hybrid Pocket Page with Sabrina

Hey everyone! This is Sabrina from the creative team and I am going to share a fun pocket page that I did using the digitals for October. 



I make a scrapbook album that is all about me and the size I do that in is 8.5 x 11. So, the best way to get the pocket sizes, 2.5x3.5, is to go with using the digitals. I could have probably trimmed down the pocket cards in the kit but knew it would be easier to just use the digitals.  Another added advantage of using the digital was that I was able to make this pocket page work for a summer theme since I was able to re-color a few things.



I pulled out several of the pocket cards and trimmed those down to 2.5x3.5. Since I was documenting July from my perspective, I pulled cards that went with the stories I wanted to tell from this month. Like the “here for this” went perfect with the craft dresser I added to my creative space. Also the “right now” card paired awesomely with a hilarious meme I wanted to use. So, the main colors I focused on using were the pinks, oranges and yellows. 



I also took one of the cards, the yellow heart one, and layered it with an orange 2.5x3.5 rectangle I created in Photoshop Elements. I was able to then able to add a cool layering affect to blend the two layers together. Love how that card turned out! To finish it off I added in two tags- “day by day” and “us”- to it. I recolored both of those fit my color scheme. 



I also was able to use the digital cutapart elements and digital ephemera pieces and shrink them down to the size I needed for my pockets. I added a variety of cards, papers and digital elements to bring this whole page together. My finishing touches were just a few puffy hearts, enamel dots and a word phrase stickers. 





I love how Citrus Twist has the monthly digitals and then you get so much more out of your kits. I hope you enjoyed my project and seeing different ways you can use your digital Citrus Twist kits.

Have a great week! 





No comments:

Post a Comment