Sunday, October 11, 2020

Sparkle & Joy with Krystal

 


Hey everyone, Krystal here with a first look at my December album for 2020. This year, I'm taking a simple photo-a-day approach using the idea of finding joy in the everyday as my inspiration. I know this holiday season isn't going to be like other years' and I'm hoping this project will help me focus on the good parts and find joy and gratitude in the simple things.


I'm starting my album with a "Reason Why" page. I want to use this page to set the tone for the album and remind myself why I'm creating this project in the first place. I plan to add some typed text later on as we get closer to the holidays, but for now I wanted to create the base page to make the whole process easier later on. 


I used the Joy Screens cut file to create a cover for my shaker pocket. I cut the screen from red cardstock from my stash and the "Joy" overlay from white cardstock. I love this candy cane effect!


I added some of the red alphas from the Sparkle & Joy kit to finish the sentiment. Then I embellished with a piece of patterned paper that I cut into a little banner to hold one of the phrase stickers from the kit. I finished the whole thing off with a little gold puffy heart, also from the kit. 


For the left hand side of the page, I used the same blue & green plaid paper as a background. I cut a large tag shape from some smooth white cardstock, then used the Bailey alpha stamps to stamp out "Reason Why" in red. I left the tag loose from the page so that I could run it through my typewriter later on.


You can see both pages come together in the process video below.


I hope these pages inspired you to start laying the foundation for your December documenting. Thanks for stopping by!






No comments:

Post a Comment