Wednesday, November 27, 2019

Christmas Daily with Krystal


Hi everyone! Krystal here with a few more foundation pages in my 2019 December Daily album. In case you missed the first post I did sharing my foundation pages, you can find it here


As I noted in my first DD post, I decided to create very simple foundation pages this year. Like most of us, I know I have a very busy month ahead of me, and if I want to get this album finished, it will need to be simple. And the best thing about starting with simple pages, is that you can always add a bit more flair if you have the time and desire to do so. And since I created my foundation pages early, I had a little extra time to play with some of the products from the kit and create a few extra, fun pages!


I started with my "Reason Why" page. I always like to include a page that helps me focus on the real meaning of the season and why I take the time to create this album every year. I used one of the 3"x8" bookmarks from the Christmas Stories kit to type out my journaling, then I added a title with one of the cutapart labels included in the kit and some gold puffy alphas from a previous kit.


I added the bookmark to the back of my title page, then embellished the bottom of the card with one of the adorable tiny doilies, a die cut from the Heidi Swapp ephemera, a tag from one of the papers in the kit and a bit of twine. Super simple, but such a cute addition to my album!


I also wanted to take advantage of the amazing cut files that were included with the Christmas Stories kit, so I pulled a couple papers from my stash to make two new pages using the Christmas screens.


For both of them, I decided to cut them twice, flipping the cut file for the second cut to create both a front and a back. I cut the buffalo plaid screen from black cardstock and the candy cane stripe screen from red glitter cardstock, then I sandwiched some thin white cardstock between the front and back to make two double-sided pages. I'll use these to add extra photos or journaling on days where I need some extra space. 


I also created a page using the wreath cut file from the kit. I cut the wreath twice, once from vellum and once from one of the green papers in the kit. I made sure to make the vellum wreath slightly larger than the green one so that I could layer them together with both wreaths showing. 


I then used one of the vintage book pages from the kit and added it to the pink and red polka dot paper, stitching around the edge with some gold thread. Finally, I glued my two cut files to the page, adding glue only to the center so that the leaves could stick up and give the page some dimension. I finished it off with the cute little bow that was included in the kit. I see myself using this page to hold the number for one of the days and maybe a little extra journaling as well. 


Finally, I used a few scraps of black cardstock to cut the three sentiment cut files from the kit. I cut each of them three times, then layered them together to give the phrases some added dimension. Then I added some Glossy Accents to the top of each word to give them an "enamel" look. I love the way these turned out! They'll be such a fun addition to one of the pages in my album!


And while I had my sewing machine out, I created a little pocket with some of the scraps from the kit, just the right size for tucking in a journal card. For more details about how I created these pages, check out the video below.


How are you documenting your December? Have you started creating foundation pages? I'd love to hear how you're using your kit!


No comments:

Post a Comment