Monday, November 25, 2019

GRATEFUL LAYOUT with Nathalie



Hi there!
Nathalie with you today with a layout using the beautiful November Add-on kit.   As our US friends set to celebrate Thanksgiving this week, it is always a good time to reflect, and for many document on what we are thankful for.   I chose to document a picture of the relationship our daughter and fur baby share.



I started with the Grateful cut file (available for free to subscribers) as the focus for the page.  When cutting the image, i made sure to highlight only the flower area of the cut file, so that the Silhouette will only cut the floral cluster twice more - there were little pieces of cardstock that had to be fussy cut out from the die cut so that i could fully isolate the florals-.



I backed each of the floral clusters using papers from the add on kit ( the color palette in this month's kits is amazing).   I chose to use vellum to back the title part of the die cut, as it brings softness and translucency to the die cut that will make the background stand out, too!




A little bit of mixed media was all that i needed to bring some color and softness to the background.  I prepped a foundation paper (Vicki Boutin) with gesso and then added  bit of liquid watercolor in shades of teal so that it complements to colors in the flower clusters.



My choice of adding the picture of my two babies to the top of left corner of the layout helped me to create a soft diagonal design for my page.   I backed the picture with papers from the add-on kit and added a few pieces of ephemera to create a cluster at the top left corner of the page.



I added a few puffy stickers throughout the floral cluster of the page, and then used this month's stamps to add a few sentiments to each of the clusters. I added my lines of journal to the right of the title, and then finished the page with a few drops of gold ink.


The soft color of the mixed media background, the translucency of the title and all the floral clusters bring life to this page all about gratitude, and love.




Thank you so much for joining me today, remember to check the kits, stamps and exclusive  files ( it is always a good time to subscribe to Citrus Twist Kits), and please do not hesitate to contact me with any questions.

XO

No comments:

Post a Comment