Tuesday, November 5, 2019

Pocket Life Challenge with Krystal


Hi everyone! Krystal here with another Pocket Life Challenge! For my pocket page spread, I decided to use the November "Gratitude" Life Crafted Kit to fill in a page from my 2017 album.


I love all the bright, colorful elements in this month's kit, and I knew it would work perfectly with this week's darker, more neutral photos. It really helped brighten things up and make the page more colorful!


I used the gorgeous glitter foam alphas to add my title for the week. Because there weren't any numbers in this set, I decided to pull out the white tile alpha with copper foil letters that we got a few months back to spell out "forty five." It matches this month's alpha perfectly!


I also added a card behind my title to give myself an extra place for journaling. That way I was able to use more of my photos and the beautiful cards in this kit and still get all of the week's stories told. To make the journaling accessible, I created a tab from one of the papers in the kit and added it the top of my journaling card. I also used the 2"x3" add-on stamp to stamp the word "recorded" on the tab. 


When it came time to embellish the photos in this spread, I decided to keep things simple for myself and use a kind of formula. I added a tag from the cut-apart sheet, a chipboard or puffy sticker, and if the photo needed journaling, a label to each of the photos on the spread. This simple formula took a lot of the decision-making out of the process and allowed me to finish the page in no time!


For the filler card in the middle of my spread, I decided to add one of the hoard-worthy vellum leaves to the bottom, just to bring in a bit more color and texture to the spread. I also stamped the "this right here" stamp from the set included in the kit at the top of the card and added some doodles with my pen to add some more pops of black. 


Overall, the page came together very quickly thanks to the little formula I used. So that's my challenge to all of you this week. Try using a simple formula for embellishing your pages and see how quickly it will all come together. And the best part is that because there is so much variety in the kit, you can use a formula without it looking too repetitive. You can see how my spread came together in the video below: 



Thanks so much for stopping by! I hope you were able to take away some inspiration for using your kits this month. Until next time!




No comments:

Post a Comment