Monday, November 4, 2019

MEET OUR GUEST DESIGNER : HEBA ALSIBAI



Hi there!
We are super excited to introduce our Guest Designer for this month.  Her style is clean, innovative, inspiring, and she is one of the nicest girls you could ever meet.  Help us welcome, our November Guest Designer, Heba Alsibai.   You are going to love her and her projects.

_______________________________________________________


GET TO KNOW HEBA

Hello, everyone! My name is Heba; I’m a mother of two teenagers and a wife to a wonderful husband. My husband and I own a small medical supply company that keeps my husband traveling and me working from home. I love that I’m able to work from home; I get to see my kids go off to school and welcome them home when they get back. I live in the beautiful state of Georgia, far from the hustle and bustle of Atlanta. I'm a total homebody that loves to read and loves to watch reruns of Friends. But by far my favorite thing to do is crafting. I also love sharing my crafty projects on my YouTube channel and Instagram.

You can find me on Instagram at https://www.instagram.com/hebaalsibai/
and my YouTube channel where I share process video http://www.youtube.com/c/MyLittleJournal

Q & A with HEBA

-          When did you start scrapbooking?
Back in 2001 When I gave birth to my first born, I started keeping a little scrapbook album for him. It wasn’t your traditional scrapbook album. It was more of journaling milestones and documenting pictures with dates. I also did the same with my daughter once she was born. But in 2007, I moved to Dubai and became really good friends with my next door neighbor who was an avid scrapbooker. Once she shared her beautiful scrapbooking layouts with me, I was hooked.

-          What is something most people would not know about you?
I play the piano! I started playing the piano at a young age and majored in music education but changed my major half way through to Early Childhood Education. I love music so much I even passed it on to my kids. Now my son is first chair Bass Clarinet and my daughter is first chair violin. We are definitely not a sports family lol.

-          What are the 3 scrapbooking products you can’t live without?
My #1 product has to be my Canon Selphy Printer. I can’t document anything with out great quality pictures. I love my printer so much I have at least three videos on my channel sharing tips and tricks on how to use a Selphy printer.
My #2 has to be Kokuyo Dotliner adhesive. If you haven’t tried this adhesive you are missing out. It holds up really well but if you change your mind and want to move things around on your layout, you can still do that without tearing your paper.
My #3 is my Scrapbook.com ink pads. You have 51 colors to choose from, they also have reinkers, and the quality is amazing. If you don’t want to invest in so many ink pads I recommend you start with their Premium black dye ink first. It’s the best black ink ever.

-          What do you love about the November  – GRATITUDE-?
I’m a sucker for puffy stickers and the puffy stickers in this kit is everything. I love the different shapes and sentimental of these stickers. They are very versatile and definitely fun to work with.

-          Finish this sentence “If you could see my scrapbooking space now . . . “
You would find all my unfinished projects on the floor. If I put my unfinished projects away then I will never finish them. So they sit on the floor to remind me that I need to work through them and get them done J









Hello friends! I'm delighted to be the guest designer for Citrus Twist this month, and share my first project with you using the Gather Life Crafted Kit. I can’t tell you how much I’m loving the Life Crafted Album. As a fan of the traveler’s notebooks, this size album is up my ally. I’ve been using my Life Crafted album to document my son's senior year of high school.  



The Gather kit had the perfect mix of embellishment, cards and papers to document my fun and bright senior. When I saw this beautiful yellow card I new I would be documenting him in his bright yellow mascot custom. I could have added my card in a 3x8 page protector. But I wanted to create an interactive element in my album and create a large tag. All I did was punch a hole for my twine, trimmed off the top corners and created a 3x8 tag. Easy peezy lemon squeezy :) 




I wanted to add some embellishments to my tag and picture, but I also wanted to keep it simple. So I added a few word stickers down my photo and a cute speech bubble. I’m all about, less is more, so by adding similar colored embellishments on my tag helped everything flow nicely. 




I had one more senior picture of my son to document so I ended up using the backside of my tag to document it.  I thought it would be fun to trim around my picture and make it look like my son was peaking out from the edge of the tag. I think it looks pretty cool, don’t you think? Using the stamp set to add words and sentiments around my image adds another fun element. 



To finish my layouts I used a 3x8 page protector with two 3x4 pockets. This gave me space to add two cards, one for my journaling and the other as a filler pocket. It was so much fun putting these spreads together. If you have a senior I recommend you document his/her senior year in the Life Crafted Album. It’s such a great size to document your seniors last year in high school.





--------------------------------------------------------------------


WOW!!!  Thank you Heba for sharing a bit of you with our followers and the amazing project.   We love it!  Remember to leave Heba some love and to follow her on social media.


  She will be back later this moth with another project  and a bit more of her!

XO



No comments:

Post a Comment