Sunday, November 4, 2018

Sunday Sketch/Kit Love with Kira



Hey friends!  It's Kira and I am back with a special Sunday Sketch addition of our monthly kit love post today!  And today, I will be working exclusively with the "Sunshine on my Mind" main kit.  Here's a look at the sketch I am using today:



And here's my take on the sketch:



Since I am scrapping almost exclusively in 8.5x11, the first thing I did with this sketch was flip it.  I could've also "cut" the sketch and kept the orientation the same, but since I was working with two vertical photos, I liked the idea of flipping it.




Have you had a chance to look at the items that will be included in your November kits?  There is so many gorgeous items from Paige's new collection, Whimsical (and how cool is it that she's the guest designer this month?!  I don't know about you, but I am completely fan-girling about it)!  There are two papers in this kit that I knew immediately would be used as background papers at some point, Paper 2 and Paper 5.



Fun fact:  my four year old (featured in these photos), likes to help me for about the first five minutes of me scrapbooking.  I love to make him part of the process.  Since I couldn't decide which paper to use as my background, I asked for his opinion.  He responded, "The unicorn paper!" (Maggie Holmes, Frolic).  Hmmm, not sure that would've worked well for this layout...so I went with Paper 5.



For the paper strips down the left side of the page, I used a branding strip from Paper 3 and a 1" strip from Maggie Holmes Happy Times.  Then I decided to add some additional texture by adding the white pom pom trim and some machine stitching.



I decided to change the location of my clusters from the bottom left/top right to top left/bottom right.  Paper 3 was begging to be fussy cut, so I cut out a few of the flowers as bases to my layers.  And I also fussy cut a unicorn from Frolic, to appease my four year old, which ended up being my favorite part of this layout. I added some die cuts and puffy stickers to my clusters to give them some more interest.  (Also, I firmly believe more is more, so I didn't really want to stop adding elements from this gorgeous collection.)


I added a few papers (Paper 2, Happy Times and Paper 9) behind my photos and did some messy machine stitching.  The die cut "artistic" was a perfect title for this layout.  I finished off the layout with some of the enamel shapes in mint, pink and yellow.  And the rainbow striped label included on the cut apart sheet was perfect for my date.



I can't wait to see how y'all interpret this sketch and use all of the delicious goodness included in the "Sunshine of my Mind" kits!  Make sure you join us over in the Facebook group so you don't miss any of the amazing sketch inspiration that gets posted over there!

xo, Kira

No comments:

Post a Comment