Thursday, November 22, 2018

DIY Embroidered Banner Embellishment with Kira

Hey friends!  It's Kira and I am back with what might be my favorite layout of all time.  And it's all thanks to this cute little banner!



I started by using one of the exclusive cut files this month, and used the draw feature to trace it on some fabric.  Then I used a simple backstitch to stitch around the word "gather" in blue.  Once I stitched the word, I cut the fabric out in the banner shape I liked.  I used a skewer stick for the dowel and machine stitched to attach it.  I tied on some embroidery floss on each end of the dowel to "hang" the banner.



I used an enamel dot (and a tiny bit of hot glue) to attach the banner to the page.  I grabbed the Whimsical thickers included in this month's embellishment kit to create a flower cluster at the top of my banner.



The background paper is Paper 16, which has this gorgeous ombre rainbow heart pattern on it.  I decided to play with color blocking to decide on the placement of my photo since my boys are wearing blue and green shirts.  And it worked out nicely since I had stitched my banner in blue as well.



I fussy cut another large floral piece from Paper 3 and placed it under my photo and under the banner.  I grabbed more elements from the die cut pack, puffy stickers  and rub on sheet to color block around my page.



I love how this page turned out and you'll definitely be seeing more of these embroidered banners from me in the future!  Thanks for stopping by!



xo, Kira

No comments:

Post a Comment