Wednesday, November 21, 2018

Mini Quote Book-Candace

Hello friends!  Candace here to share a little mini quote book with you today!  I am still loving playing with all the beautiful papers and embellishments in the November kits!  There are so many pretty things I decided to put them all together into a mini book.  


I recently attended a women's conference where I collected a bunch of wonderful and inspiring quotes.  I had all the quotes written on a scratch piece of paper and I was worried that I would lose the paper or forget to look at it.  I decided that I wanted to keep all the quotes in one place that I could refer back to often and enjoy.


To start the mini book I cut the 2 pieces of white card stock from the kit into 3 1/2 x 4 1/2 pieces to serve as my base pages. I backed the white pieces with colorful card stock and stitched around the edges to add texture and interest. 


For a few of the pages I created pockets to hold the quotes.  Using tags, ephemera and  card stock stickers I embellished the album.  (This was my favorite part!)


On another pocket I cut the card stock at a diagonal so the quotes could easily slide in and out.  On this pocket I also used a 3x4 card from the pocket life kit that I cut in to the shape of a tag and added the ball edging to!  So cute! 







For another pocket I created a vellum sleeve for the quotes so they could be seen through the pocket.  I love that this adds a bit more interest by using different types of paper and materials. 


On the last page I used a doily from my stash to add to the light & delicate feel of the album.  I love that the doily goes over the edges and makes the album look big and chunky!  Who doesn't love a big, chunky mini album?!  


I backed the last page with more paper from the kit and the puffy ball edging.  What a fun and useful mini album that I can continue to add meaningful quotes and sentiments to!  

I hope this inspired you to think outside the box and create meaningful and useful projects with your kits!  I can't wait to see what you create! 

Have a beautiful day!




No comments:

Post a Comment