Monday, November 5, 2018

Let's Get Digital with Sarah



Hello, CTK friends!  Today I'm back with a layout using some digital elements.  Before we get started let me preface this post by saying that you do not need any fancy cutting equipment to replicate this type of look.  We're going to be using some basic cutting tools and a little bit of patience to put together this really fun page.


For this project I used the Modern Beehive cutfile as my focal point and then embellished using the November cut aparts, the pocket life and main kits as well as the "Thankful" and "Documented" stamp sets.


If you have a cutting machine that would definitely be the easiest and fastest way to trim your cut file.  However, the great thing about using a simple geometric cut file like this is that you can easily go in with a ruler and exacto knife and cut around the outline, which is what I did here.  I simply opened the .png file in photoshop and printed it out.  The default of the image is black, which is what I wanted for my layout, but you could also change the color before printing it out.


I didn't worry about being too precise with my cutting (you can see little slivers of white around the beehive) because you can't even really see them once all of the embellishments are stuck down.

I backed a couple of of my hexagons with patterned paper and stuck down some die cuts, stickers, and labels to embellish my beehive.

Finally, I made a little visual triangle with my stamping just to give some interest to the edges of my paper and finish my layout.


I hope this gives you some inspiration for using some of the digital files this month!

Happy Crafting!



No comments:

Post a Comment