Sunday, October 1, 2023

SUNDAY SKETCH with Nathalie

 



Hello there!

Nathalie with you today to share this week's Sketch challenge.   We love sketches around here, as they make it a breeze to create projects -think of them as your layout's blueprint!-   This week's sketch is a fun one, and it can easily be used in many formats.  Let's take a look at the sketch.




And here is what I have created for my 6x8 Life Crafted album using the new CHANGE IS BEAUTIFUL digital collection.



I love Fall, and the new October Release was just perfect for this  spread.  All the rich colors, and patterns just mixed seamlessly.




I decided to use the sketch to add my pictures to the spread.   I changed the 2 picture design to a 3 picture design by simply replacing the journaling spot with a picture.




I followed the paper strip design of the sketch for the layers in my spread.  I cut a few of the strips from the new CHANGE IS BEAUTIFUL digital kit, and also from the new Farmstead Harvest 6x8 paper pad -available in the shop-.  I focused on warm tones for the paper layers, so that I can contrast them with the journal cards and embellishments.




I made a few changes to the original sketch in my page.   I decided to bring pops of blue in the embellishments, and also change the design of them -from word strips to round labels-.  




To bring more of the blue tone to this side of the spread, I decided to use the Sadie Alpha stamps and Distress Oxide ( Blue Mariner) to create my title.   Then added an extra stamped sentiment -Gratitude 6x8 Stamp set-  to the bottom of the page.



 

My choice was to move the journaling out of the page to a journal card inside a pocket.   For this, I am using the new CHANGE IS BEAUTIFUL digital journaling cards to create my story card, and the filler card - I fussy cut the wreath and covered the sentiment of the blue card with it-.  A few enamel dots to tie the colors on both sides of the spread together,




I hope this inspires you to take a chance with this week's sketch and all the new products available in the CTK shop!


XO




No comments:

Post a Comment