Sunday, October 3, 2021

Sunday Sketch With Aimee

 




Hey there Citrus Twist friends! It's Aimee here today with this week's Sunday sketch. First things first lets take a look at the sketch and I'll tell you how I've adapted it. 


As you can see this week's sketch is just gorgeous— as usual. Now, this sketch is giving me fall vibes but I want to focus more on Halloween today. Therefore I will be using the new Hocus Pocus Halloween Mini Kit available in the shop! 



First,  I chose some of the gorgeous 6x8 patterned papers from The Stamp Market that are included in the mini kit and did my best to layer them according to the sketch. I wanted to keep this layout very pink and girly since my daughter is wearing pink in the photo. I went for a mix of pink and orange patterns and even added a sweet little doily for some extra playfulness. 




I tucked bits of the, "Thirty One" ephemera from Prima between the paper layers just like shown with the leaves in the sketch. I topped the vintage girl holding a pumpkin with a chipboard witches' hat from the Prima chipboard set and tucked a leaf die cut and a nest of thread behind her. What a perfect compliment to my photo!


For my title I stamped out, "31" using the Luna Nos. Stamp, fussy cut it out and popped it up on foam dots. I added some black acrylic paint splatter and stamped the year the photo was taken. Next, I added some stitched paper at the top of the page to mimic the cluster seen on the sketch. 


Having this sketch as inspiration made the whole creative process a breeze!  I definitely added my own spooky twist to the page and  I could not be happier with the result. How will you use this week's sketch? 


Affectionately, 




No comments:

Post a Comment