Wednesday, April 5, 2017

CTK Fruit of The Spirit Stamp set : Guest Designers

Hello again! Today I am so excited to share with you some projects featuring "Fruit of the Spirit" stamp set that were created by our guest designers. I've followed them on social media and know these creative ladies will nail this stamp and YES, they did! These designers are not only well-known in the scrapbooking/planner industry but their love for God shines through on their creative projects. 

Galatians 5: 22-26 | But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control; against such things there is no law. And those who belong to Christ Jesus have crucified the flesh with its passions and desires.  If we live by the Spirit, let us also keep in step with the Spirit. Let us not become conceited, provoking one another, envying one another.




The Fruit of The Spirit stamp set was absolutely perfect for this page. For this entry, I really wanted the message of the verse to stand out and be the main focus of my page. The first thing I did to get started was to paint some background paper and set it aside so it could have time to dry while I got to work.

 Next I stamped and colored all the images that I wanted to use, then cut them out. I layered in a few other things underneath my painted flower, the crepe paper and folded doily added just the right amount of texture on top of my painted piece and help to cover up some personal journaling. 

I loved the little fruit drawings in this set, and couldn’t wait to use that cute little pineapple! I layered in other fruit pieces into the stamped words at the bottom of my column, added a few puffy crosses and called it done!



More of Stephanie's work can be viewed at Instagram @stephbuice 


Galatians 5:22 has been a favorite verse of mine for over sixteen years. As a preschool teacher in a Christian school, I taught a series on the fruit of the spirit and we memorized this verse. Doing so, inspired me to recite this verse daily as a personal prayer over my heart.


 It was an amazing experience because I felt the Lord protecting my mind through out the day similar to Ephesians 6:10's encouragement to put on the "armor of God." Creating this Bible journaling page reminded me of the power of this verse and how much God wants us to grow deeper with Him. 



More of Jennifer's work can be viewed at Instagram @createoften



When reading this piece of scripture (Galatians 5:22-26), I wanted to include all of the words and as many fruits as possible. One is no more important than the other. For this entry I stamped all of the fruit pieces first and then watercolored them all in. Next, I stamped the words and then journaled around them. Then I stamped little hearts in order to fill in any little areas that needed a finishing touch. Lastly, when reflecting on this piece of scripture, I was feeling very thankful for His direction so I attached a “Thankful” divider tab with a mini stapler. 


My faith planner goes with me everywhere and I wanted to create a planner dashboard/divider using this fabulous stamp set. It was important to me under each word to include a piece of scripture that reflected its meaning. This way, when I cannot refer to my study bible I can simply look at this as a quick reference and, as a bonus, I always have it with me. I used the We R Memory Keepers Precision Press to stamp all of the words first. Then, I stamped all of the fruit next to each word and watercolored each one. I used a ruler to create some sort of division or definition between each word. I also used coordinating watercolors to create a “splatter” effect as well as creating my own divider tab. To finish this page and to make sure it would last I ran the entire page, including the divider tab, through my laminator. Easy Peasy!


More of Dedra's work can be viewed at Instagram @dedralong

I hope you are inspired by their projects and hope God ministers your heart today! 
Thanks for coming by. Have a great crafting week at your end.

Xoxo Jessy




No comments:

Post a Comment