Sunday, November 20, 2016

Sunday Sketch part 2 with Andrea

Hi all! It's Andrea here and today I will be showing you another take on the Sunday Sketch! Now that you have seen Suse's beautiful 12x12, I thought I would share with you an 8 1/2 x11 alternative! I'm using the same adorable November Citrus Twist kit and the same awesome sketch, but for a differnent size layout and to tell a different story. That is what is so great about sketches, you can use them to suit whatever your scrapbooking needs are! And that's what is so great about this month's kit...it is so versatile!


Lets get started, shall we? First, take another look at the sketch:


Even though the sketch is originally laid out in 12x12 form, an 8 1/2 x11 can be easily adapted from the same basic plan. For my layout, I used some white 8 1/2 x11 cardstock as my background and built up from there, layering up some of the pretty floral Maggie Holmes Gather patterned paper from the kit and some of the Reset Girl for Simple Stories library cards behind my photos.

On one library card, I added some stamping using the exclusive stamp set from this month.


One notable difference is that I used an additional photo in my layout than is originally called for with the sketch. I can get away with the additional photo without throwing off the balance of the layout by using one large focal photo and then three much smaller photos that help tell my fall story more fully.


I used tags behind each of the three smaller photos that take up the space of the three horizontal rectangles lined up down the right side of the sketch. This was inspired by the tag at the top of the sketch.


For the border that is called for in the sketch, I used pen to draw a kind of diagram around my layout, leading from the title at the top "Beautiful Good Day" (made from the Amy Tan thickers and one of the exclusive stickers from the kit) around the whole page, drawing your eye from photo to photo, and then back up to the sentence beneath the title - "this was such a special day with you".


For some special fall touches to my page that help tell my story, I added some leaf shapes. I used some of the pretty black and white Simple Stories patterned paper from the kit and a leaf cutfile I designed, at the top of the page, and then one of the beautiful gold leaf paperclips from the Sprinkles kit, at the bottom of the page.

I hope you enjoyed this look at an alternate 8 1/2 x11 take on today's Sunday Sketch! I really loved this beautiful Fall day out in October with my hubby and I hope you are having lots of special Fall moments with your loved ones!

P.S. Remember to play along with the challenge by posting your Sunday Sketch inspired layout to the Citrus Twist Gallery with today's date (11/20) in the title. You could win a gift certificate for $5 to the Citrus Twist store! Yay! Can't wait to see what you guys make!

xoxoxoxox -- Andrea

No comments:

Post a Comment