Sunday, December 13, 2020

Sunday Sketch with Marsha

 


Hey friends!  It's Marsha here with this week's Sunday Sketch challenge!  I created a spread in my December Stories Life Crafted album using the Sparkle & Joy kit and digitals from the shop.

Here's a look at the sketch:


Here's my take on the sketch:


I love the design of this sketch, so I chose to follow it fairly closely.  I began the layout by trimming a music patterned paper to fit as a full page in the album.  I chose to flip the design and added my photo to the left side of the spread.  I trimmed a woodgrain patterned paper from the kit so that it spanned both pages and added my photo onto it.  With my Silhouette Cameo, I cut out several snowflakes using the Love - Christmas 2020 cut file.  The cut file was quite delicate, so I offset it slightly, making it a little easier to cut.  I layered some of the snowflakes below the photo, in place of the leaf design on the sketch.  


I also added a snowflake onto the photo and at the top of the right page, carrying the design across the spread.  Using the Sparkle & Joy kit stamp, I stamped a few words and phrases, trimmed them into strips, and added them to a few areas of the spread.  


For the right side of the layout, I created a pocket using one of the journaling cards from the kit.  I layered a circular piece over it (die cut from another journaling card).  I created the title using a puffy word sticker and Candy Apple Puffy Alphabet Stickers.



I typed my journaling onto a Comfort & Joy Digital Journal card, printed it out, and added some ribbon from my stash to the top.  As a final finishing touch, I added a few more puffy stickers from the kit around the spread.


I hope you will join in on the challenge and create a layout based on this week's sketch!  I can't wait to see what you create!

xo,



No comments:

Post a Comment