Friday, December 11, 2020

December Document | Patricia

 


I'm excited to finally share how all the prepping I have been doing with the Sparkle & Joy kit are helping these memories come to life in my album.

I already had the left page prepped with a vellum pocket using a Sparkle & Shine cut file.  As I sat to document and looked at my photos, I decided to have a full size photo on the right and used a different vellum pocket I cut form a Sparkle & Shine cut file to use here.  I liked the colors and the digital card I printed worked best for documenting about the elf, or I should have said elves being back.  On that digital card, I just added some ribbon from my stash, and then stamped and added a sticker from the kit.


I added some pre-cut files I had done during prep time to the vellum pocket, and a die cut to my card.  The photo got more of the cut files I had prepped from the pattern paper in the kit.  I'm always so glad to have a variety of colors of the same cut files so I choose what works best.  The chipboard star comes from the star chipboards available in the shop this month.  The 'this' and the 'fun' are all from Sparkle & Shine kit.


I have another entry to share.  I didn't throw out any of the pattern papers I used for the cut files.  As I was filling in my album, I wanted to use the instax page protectors to include lots of photos, so the left side I could have more texture and color.  That negative sheet of pattern paper worked great here with a darker pattern paper under it.  I just used one of the cards I stenciled onto with a cut file, added notches to the corners, and added my journaling.  


I intended on using this bottom I made from the pattern paper and stamp set on the cover, but it worked best here on this page.  I added more of that ribbon from my stash under it, then finished with a chipboard circle from the kit.


The right side uses more of the prepped cut files, and kit items to add just enough in documenting, color and texture, but still keeping the photos as the focus.



Documenting during this busy season really is doable if you have your supplies handy, take lots of pictures to choose from, and have those prepped journaling cards, pages, cut files, etc. ready to go.  I have one more entry I had prepped for a memory coming up this weekend.  So I will add that finished spread in my Pocket Life Challenge post coming up on the 15.  Happy documenting December CTK friends!



No comments:

Post a Comment