Tuesday, December 1, 2020

Pocket Page Challenge with Shannon

 



Hey there, Citrus Twist fans! Shannon here with a fun pocket page to share using the new December 2020 kit release along with some new stamps. The kit release is products that are typically used for traditional scrapbooking but I'm going to show you how you can use it in your pocket pages too. 


Since I was using such a variety of products on the page, I decided to focus on visual triangles and repeated elements throughout my page. This helps bring some cohesiveness to the page. If you look at the photo above, you can see that I used the heart label outline from the Get Messy stamp set along with phrases from that set and the Currently stamp set repeatedly. I used a bold black ink and placed them in a triangle on my page to guide the eye. Let's take a closer look at a few others. 

I used gold accents repeatedly throughout my page. In the top middle of my page, I arranged them in a triangle spanning two journaling cards. That definitely pulls the eye up. But I also tucked two more delicate gold accents into my 4x6 journaling card at the bottom. The purpose of this was to both break up the black and white accents on that card and to carry the gold throughout more of the page.


Next, I had some fun incorporating tags into the page. Since this is on the front side of my pocket page I had the freedom to let items stick up out of the pockets. I used traditional tabs on the top and bottom cards. Then, on the striped journaling card, I made my own tab by letting the top circle stick up over the top of the card. And those circle? You guessed it - repeated elements. 


Finally, I used two subtle accents to create visual triangles - enamel dots and word stickers. My page was feeling very...pink. I needed to add some color and these enamel dots were the perfect way to do just that! I'm also a sucker for word stickers so I had to add a few. Those create a triangle as well. Although both of these are subtle, they still do their job of guiding the eye around the page.


I hope I've inspired you to try using the December kit in your pockets by creating your own journaling cards. I can't wait to see what you create!



No comments:

Post a Comment