Monday, August 17, 2020

Life Crafted | Mini Album | Video | with Patricia



Hello CTK Friends!  Today I want to share a Life Crafted project using the August Scrapbooking Add-On kit.  


This kit is a great mix of vintage soft colors but also a great mix of vibrant bold colors.  I pulled the soft colors for today's project!  I started by cutting pattern paper from the kit with the Affirmation Screen cut file.  The middle 'LOVE SELF' cuts out separately, so after backing everything, I foam adhered it to make it stand out even more.


I used the pattern paper cut out pieces from the cut file to stitch and frame my left side.  I chose a pattern paper background that was a complement to the overall colors of the blush, peach, and grey.  After adding my stamping with the Typewriter Alpha Set, and typed journaling, I started adding layers to mat under my photo.  The doily comes in the kit!  And then finished with trimming a die cut, adding stamping with Stories stamp, and embellishments from the Add-On.


The right side was perfect with the cut file cut from pattern paper and then partially backed with more pattern paper and the peach textured cardstock.  To create more motion from the cut file, I added the large butterflies from the Add-On.  



I finished the bottom with a circle chipboard from the August Life Crafted kit, and stamping with the August Traveler's Notebook stamp set in grey and black for added interest and focus on 'reality strikes.'  I added black machine stitching all the way around the right page before adhering anything, and added the same stitching on the left side to create balance and repetition.


I have two more projects to share here that are part of the video this month on the Citrus Twist Kits YouTube channel.  You can watch the video in HD here or at the end of this post.  The first project uses the August Life Crafted kit and two new Instax photo page protectors coming soon!!!  You will love them!  The August kit is sold out, but the Stories stamp and cards from the kit are still available here!


The video shows the measurements of the photos and the trimmed cards to fit the pockets.


These new pockets are great for adding layers, especially for this beach trip.  I printed my photos to look like Instax photos, but if you have an Instax camera or printer, documenting trips will be super fun and quick with these pockets.



Inspired by the Instax photo size, the Stories Stamp set, and the clothing tags from my daughter's recent Justice shopping spree, I created this little mini album using the August Scrapbooking Add-On kit.




I used the Stories arch stamp image four different ways in this mini.  You can see how in the video below.


I created a pattern of using the trimmed pattern paper from the Add-On to the same size of the Instax, the foam flower embellishments from the kit (a must-have), and die cuts from the kit, alternating until I finished with the gold doily from the add-on kit as well!












You can watch the video here to see how I created these two projects.  Thank you so much for watching and joining me!!




No comments:

Post a Comment