Saturday, August 15, 2020

3-to-inspire challenge with angela



Hey friends!
Welcome to the 3-to-inspire challenge, the weekly challenge we host here, on the Citrus Twist Kits blog to inspire you creating a new project. Here are my three prompts for you:

    1 - Make a border frame
    2 - Stamp on chipboard
    3 - Create a journaling card using embellishments and stamps

Here is what I came up with!




I created a couple of new pages in my Peony Life Crafted album using August True Stories kit. My layout was inspired by one of the beautiful journaling cards that are in the kit, made of colorful tickets.





I really wanted to use those tickets so, I started fussy cutting every single one. Then, I arranged them along the border of a piece of white card-stock and sticked them in place using foam adhesive. This way I created a decorative frame on the page. 





I wrote the journaling with my computer and I printed it on regular copy paper. I cut it to size and I placed it in the middle of the page and of the tickets.
For the title and sub-title of my spread, I used the stamp set from the kit and I stamped it in two different pinks, to match some of the colors of the tickets.
I filled in a gap left from the tickets placement stamping another phrase in pink and adding a couple of enamel dots from last month Citrus Twist kit, Wild At Heart.





For the second prompt, I made it simple. I grabbed one of the chipboard of the kit and I stamped on top of it the word Funny. I used light gray dye ink and then, I sticked the chipboard on my photo. This is just a little something that adds a bit of extra interesting to the project.





The photo I used measures 3 x 4 inch and I inserted it inside a two pockets page protector, Page Protector #2. For the second pocket, I created my own journaling card using a flower die-cut, a chipboard and a label from the label cut apart sheet that comes with the kit.
The phrase around the flower is from This Is Life Stories stamp and, once again, I stamped it using pink ink, while on the label I preferred to stamp in black, to balance the colors.





I hope you liked the layout and hopefully feel inspired by today prompts, I would love to see your projects so, don't forget to share them and tag me and Citrus Twist.

Love, NG


























 

No comments:

Post a Comment