Tuesday, August 18, 2020

Pocket Life Challenge with Amy Jo

 


I'm so excited to be sharing today's Pocket Life challenge with you and the August Life Crafted kit!  What a great, sunshiny kit, full of small details that can help you make your pages engaging and beautiful.

When I started to pull my supplies together, I found myself wishing for beach photos.  Because I haven't been to the beach much this year, I looked back through some of my unfinished albums, and ended up using some photos from a 2017 vacation to create my vision. It was a great reminder that if you have a layout in mind, you don't have to be bound by recent photos, I know for most of us we have so many un-scrapped photos.

I always start my first Pocket page spread with a new kit by pulling out the "must-use" pieces first.  There is no point in letting them stay in the package, sometimes you have to use them even if it's not the perfect layout.  I knew I wanted the sunshine card (top left) and the sunshine (bottom right) to play off each other, and the ticket card allowed me to pull in lots of great color.  I love to embellish my photos, and in this kit, there were lots of choices, banners and circles!  My favourite.

So my challenge to you this week is to look for the photos you might want in your un-scrapped archives, I'm sure you'll find the right fit.  And if you do, you might just find the momentum to finish up an old album, once I finished this page, there were only a few pages left in my 2017 album and I quickly finished them off!  One book done!

Thanks for checking out this project!

No comments:

Post a Comment