Sunday, August 23, 2020

Sunday Sketch with Krystal

 


Hey all! Krystal here with this week's Sunday Sketch. Here's a look at the sketch I chose for today.


I loved all of the layers behind the photo, the label embellishments, and the stitched accents! Here's the page I was able to come up with using the sketch. 


As you can see, I made a few changes. Instead of doing a regular layout, I decided to create a page in my Life Crafted Album. So I flipped the sketch on its side and created a two-page spread.


I used the B-side of the Crate Paper "Flora" paper from the Scrapbooking Add-On Kit as the base for my pages and cut them down to 8.25" x 5" so that they would go directly into my album and not be in a pocket. I added a tiny strip of one of the Traveler's Notebook Basics papers to add a border on both sides, then stitched them down using my sewing machine. 


For the layers behind my photo, I chose a combination of papers from the True Stories Life Crafted Kit and the Add-On Kit. I also added one of the little doilies from the Add-On Kit to give the page some texture and add softness to the layers. I added a little stitching to these layers as well, similar to the stitching shown in the sketch. 


I tucked a couple of the tags and tickets from the True Stories Digital Tags and a label from the kit in around my photo for additional layers and to tie in all of the colors from the rainbow paper. I added a small phrase die cut, as shown in the sketch, then decided to add one of the florals from the Life Crafted Kit ephemera to the top of my layers as an additional embellishment. 


I kept the other side of my spread very simple, as it was in the sketch. I stamped two of the stamps from the True Stories Kit Stamp Set in black ink at the top of the page, doing a second and third generation stamp of each to give the title more visual weight. Then I added my journaling below my title using my typewriter. 


I finished my page by adding another floral from the Life Crafted Kit ephemera and a tiny heart puffy sticker from the Add-On Kit to the bottom of my journaling. This helps tie this page in with the elements on the other side of the spread. 


And that's my finished page! I hope you enjoyed seeing my interpretation of this week's sketch, and I hope you'll try creating a page for yourself. Thanks so much for stopping by. I'll see you back here soon!




No comments:

Post a Comment