Wednesday, August 5, 2020

Easy Peasy with Kira

Hey there!  It's Kira and I am back with another layout in my life crafted album.  Today I am focusing exclusively on the add-on kit.  Here's a look at the layout I made:



I want to start out by saying that neither the photos nor the cut file was influenced by one another and this was totally serendipitous...don't you love when that happens?!  I started by printing my photo, which is this adorable lemonade stand photo shoot I did with my kids.  I have about a million photos but narrowed it down to one for this layout. 



Once I had my photos printed, I always like to flip through the kits to see what would work and pull out the papers and embellishments I think will work.  I was immediately drawn to the bright yellow and blues from the Pink Fresh Studio papers and as always, the grid paper from Crate paper, which I knew would make the perfect background.  There were a few pieces from all the embellishments that I knew would work as well, so I set those aside while I looked for some inspiration. 



I didn't really have a plan for how I was going to scrap this photo, and when that happens, I love to browse the cut files.  Well, it didn't take long for me to fall in love with the Easy Peasy cut file...I mean, it couldn't be more perfect right?!  I decided to separate the pieces, cut out two of the lemon bunches and cut out only the "Easy Peasy" part of the title (which I also welded together in Cricut design space so it would be easier to adhere to my page). 



I backed the lemons with the yellow paper.  And cut "Easy Peasy" out of the blue paper.  On the left page, I attached the lemons to the background paper with some foam adhesive.  Then I glued the title directly on top.  I added a few of the tiny puffy stickers for a little bit of whimsy. 



On the reverse page, I adhered the lemons directly to the background paper (not foam adhesive).  Then I layered, behind my photo, the white doily and blue paper.  I adhered my photo to the paper with foam adhesive.  I added a foam thicker flower to the corner of the photo and finished off the embellishment cluster with a "celebrate" die cut and some more puffy stickers. 



And that's it!  Thanks for stopping by and taking a look!  I'll see you soon!

xo, Kira


No comments:

Post a Comment