Friday, August 7, 2020

Life Crafted with Ashley Horton



Hi friends!!  Can you believe it's August??!!  I think this has been the slowest/fastest year ever!  But, one thing I look forward to every month is receiving a new Life Crated Kit!  The August True Stories Kit is definitely a new favorite.  I love that you can use it to tell so many different stories in your scrapbooking.

The layout I'm sharing today is about a day trip to Laurel, MS, that we took in June.  We love the show Hometown that is filmed in Laurel and this was our second visit.  I wanted to document two of the photos we took in front of the wall signs that are in town.  And I knew I wanted to do something fun with one of the Life Crafted patterned papers and the embellishments that are in the August Kit.


I always cut my background papers to 5x8 to fit in my Life Crafted album.  So I cut down the teal patterned paper in the August Kit to that same size.  Then, I cut it diagonally and adhered both cut pieces to my white background paper.  I decided to machine stitch down the edge of each of the diagonal papers to add a little more interest to the design.


As I was thinking about how I wanted to set up this layout, I decided to do a mirror image type design, since I was using two photos.  I placed my first photo at the top of the page on the left-hand side and my second photo at the bottom of the page on the right-hand side.  I really liked the balance this added to my layout.


I used the fun, puffy alpha stickers to add the title right under the top photo.  I loved that they were the same color as the patterned paper from the Kit.  Once I had my photos and title in place, I was ready to embellish.  I went through the ephemera pieces, puffy stickers and chipboard stickers to find pieces that would work with my photos.  Then, I placed all of them along the diagonal edge of my patterned paper.  I like the variety and dimension that the different embellishments add to the layout.


I hope you found some inspiration today for using your August True Stories Life Crafted Kit!  Don't be afraid to mix up all of those awesome embellishments that come in each month's Kit!



No comments:

Post a Comment