Sunday, January 29, 2023

SUNDAY SKETCH with Katarina




Hey CTK friends, 

Katarina here again. Today I am bringing this week’s Sketch Challenge together with a little inspiration on how you can use the sketch.


Here’s the sketch:



And here’s my project.



I created a single page layout in my 6*8 Life Crafted Album and I pretty much followed the sketch. I used the beautiful Slow Days Mini Kit and digitals.

I printed three photos of my son, making silly faces. Who can spot the rainbows of my Life Crafted Albums on the shelves behind him? 

I went for a square format of photos to better fit my layout. Then I selected two digital papers from the Slow Days collection. I chose patterns that are not so colorful and busy to make sure my photos and other elements stand out.



Next I cut two stripes of each of the papers and inspired by the sketch, I cut lines in certain places, to later tuck more elements in the paper strips. I machine stitched along the cut lines for some added interest.



I used one of the neutral patterned papers from the Basics & Ledgers 6" x 8" Pattern Paper to create four small tags. I tucked them in the cut lines and layered one of the beautiful floral die cuts from the SLOW DAYS Die Cut Ephemera on top of each of the tags.



I placed my photos together with the Slow Days Tiny Word Stickers on the paper strips and added some more ephemera. For my title, I used more of the Slow Days die cuts.



I love how my layout turned out, the sketch was so inspiring and easy to follow. Hope you feel inspired too to get crafty with our Sketch Challenge this week!

Thanks for stopping by, friends!




No comments:

Post a Comment