Sunday, June 12, 2022

SUNDAY SKETCH with Nathalie

 



Hello crafty friends!

Nathalie with you today to share this week's Sketch challenge.  I think it is no secret that sketches make it so much easier to get your projects finished in a flash.  Think of them as the blueprint for your page. 

Let's take a look at this week's sketch:




I used the sketch as inspiration to create a new 6x8 layout for my Summer 2015 vacation album ( 6x8 Teal Life Crafted Album) using the EXPLORE kit and Digital files from the shop.




I loved the layered look of the sketch, and used Digital Patterned papers from the June  Explore Digital File collection, and May Crave Digital File collection.  




Since I am using color pictures for my  page, I decided to limit my color palette to cool tones.  This helped to ground the page, and make the photos stand out.







I drew inspiration from the sketch to layer the photos.  However, I decided to omit the journaling spot, and use larger photos.  To balance the size of the photos. I decided to move my title to the bottom of the page.  The EXPLORE kit ephemera and White Puffy alphas created the perfect title for the page.  I chose to use the location of the butterflies in the sketch to place repetitive embellishments in my page.



I decided to create a companion pocket page for this spread. This helps me to add more photos of the day, and unclutter the spread a bit.







I am sticking with the color palette for the pocket cards.  I added my journal to a Digital card from June's EXPLORE Digital Journal Card collection, and printed the second card from the May 2022 Digital Collection.  I added some ephemera pieces from the EXPLORE and TRAVELOGUE kit to to the photos and cards.




I hope this inspires you to use the sketch for a project of your own. Cannot wait to see what you create with the sketch


XO




No comments:

Post a Comment