Sunday, February 20, 2022

Sunday Sketch with Katarina

 



Hey everyone,


It's Katarina again and today I'm back with a Sunday Sketch inspiration for you. I love to use a sketch as a starting point for my projects and this beautiful sketch was so nice to play with!



Here's the Life Crafted spread I created.




As you can see, I rotated the sketch by 90 degrees to make it work for my Life Crafted album. I printed three square photos of my son drawing and placed them on the right side of my layout. Behind my photos I layered a mix of patterned papers and a journaling card from the Handcrafted digitals and Fresh Starts patterned papers and made them continue over to the left side.




I placed my title using one of the Handcrafted Die Cuts vertically on the left side of my spread backed with a tag die cut from the same Handcrafted Kit. The tag helped balance the yellow color on my layout and it was perfect for my journaling too.




There was a circle element on the sketch so I used a cute little blue doily that came with the Fresh Starts 6x8 Papers to add this detail. I also created a little cluster on the bottom left of my layout.




I added a bunch of embellishments, mainly Handcrafted Puffy Stickers and Ephemera. Those pink arrows are insides of letters "A" from the beautiful Yellow to Pink Fade Alphabet, I just love this little detail.

Inspired by the sketch, I used a border die from my stash on the top and right edge of my spread, added a twine and backed it with one of the Fresh Starts 6x8 papers for a bit of contrast.




It was so much fun to create this spread taking inspiration from this week's sketch. Can't wait to see how it inspires you and your layouts! Thank you for stopping by today and wishing you a wonderful day!

xx Katarina





No comments:

Post a Comment