Sunday, September 5, 2021

Sunday Sketch with Shannon

 


.

Hello, Citrus Twist friends! Shannon here with a Sunday Sketch to share. So, let's get right to it and take a look at the sketch.

All of those layers make my scrappy heart so happy. I definitely love lots of layered paper on my layouts. Let's take a look at how I interpreted this sketch on my layout.


I stuck fairly close to the original design of the sketch. Good design is good design and I'm not going to mess with a good thing! I did modify the sketch from 8.5x11 to a Life Crafted album size. To bring the page together, I used lots of products from the September 2021 Add On kit. I also added some Citrus Twist exclusive ephemera from the September 2021 release. Everything works so well together!

The sketch does have just one photo, but I decided to use two on mine. I printed them at Instax size to mimic the framed look that the photo has in the sketch. I liked the soft, floral look of my papers so I decided to soften the edges of my photos by layering lots of ephemera behind them.


I like the stagged look of the paper in the sketch so I stuck with that same look on my layout. In order to make sure everything lined up on both pages, I first cut two pieces of white cardstock to 8.25x5. Then, I added the punched holes. I lined up the papers on my desk so it looked like they were just one piece of cardstock. You could add a piece of low-tack tape to the back if you want to make sure they stay together. I adhered the patterned paper strips so they laid across the seam. Once the papers were all adhered to the background, I just used a xacto knife along the seam to create a clean cut down the middle.


I couldn't leave out the embellishment in the lower corner! I added a Thickers phrase and enamel dot in place of the label that is on the sketch. I also added just a couple quick lines of journaling and the date. I've noticed that I'm terrible at dating my layouts so I'm trying to get better!


I hope that I've inspired you to use this great sketch and put your own spin on it! I can't wait to see what you create!



No comments:

Post a Comment