Saturday, December 24, 2016

3 to Inspire with Tara

Hello lovelies, Tara here. It's that time again and YAY! I'm so excited to be hosting it this week (it's my absolute favorite challenge ever).
So let's get down to it! I know you're busy with the holiday festivities but who doesn't want a bit of inspiration to get some crafty time in?

Here is your challenge:

1. Create your own pattern mix (background or PL card)

2. Use vellum letters or ephemera.

3. Use stamping as repetition.

Here is the pocket page I came up with using these prompts:


I really wanted to incorporate the vellum "LIFE" letters that were included in the December "Kinsley" PL kit. Instead of attaching it directly to the pocket, I used a leftover clear acetate piece I had and stapled it with my tiny attacher. I did want to add some dimension, so I used a cut apart and stapled it to the outside of the pocket.
I also added a cork piece from a past Citrus Twist main kit. If you can't already tell, I love using my tiny attacher all the time! If you don't have one, you can find it in the shop.


For the journaling card, I took the pink wood grain journaling card and chopped it in half. Then I used a really cool turquoise 6x6 patterned paper cut down to 3x4, then attached the pink half triangle on top.

I wanted to add another photo to this spread by using some washi tape from my stash to make a flip up card.


I thought about making the flip up card one of the prompts but kept it pretty simple. I loved this view over Ireland as were were getting ready to land!


Here is the stamp repetition element:
This was the view from our hotel room. I cut down the "WEDNESDAY" ephemera found in the Project 52 Fresh ephemera (I love Liz Tamanaha!!) to fit the photo better. I then took the stamp set (the ephemera pack and stamp set are also a part of the Kinsley kit) words "love" and "this" to stamp right on my photo.

I had so much fun creating this pocket page and cannot wait to see what you come up with! Use the three prompts to create your own project and share them with us in our Gallery and/or Facebook Forum. If you're a huge Instagram fan like me, tag @citrustwistkits and don't forget to use the hashtags: #citrustwistkits #ctk3toinspire.

Happy Christmas and Best Wishes!
Xxo, Tara

No comments:

Post a Comment