Saturday, June 13, 2020

3-to-Inspire with Ashley Horton




Hi there friends!  I'm here today with a layout in my Life Crated Album using the gorgeous June Cravings Life Crafted Kit!  I've also got a 3-to-Inspire post to give you some ideas for working with your Life Crafted Kit.  You can create a layout, Traveler's Notebook layout or pocket page spread using the 3 following prompts.  Make sure you use all 3 prompts on whatever project you choose to do.

Here are this week's 3 prompts:

     1. Use at least one Digital item on your project
     2. Add dimension by using pop dots or some chipboard pieces
     3. Use numbers in some way on your project

This is what I created!  Hopefully, it will help give your creativity a kick-start.

 
If you haven't tried out any of the CT Digitals yet, you definitely should!  I love finding ways to use them each month with the physical kit.  My new favorite is the Traveler's Notebook Basic Digital Papers.  They are so easy to use!  You can just print them out and add your photos and embellishments for a quick and easy page.  I also like to add my  journaling directly to the TN papers before I print them out.  I used two designs from the Cravings TN papers for the background of my layout.


Once I had the TN papers printed, I placed two small photos vertically on the left-hand page.  Then I went through the embellishments to find some book themed ones that would go with my layout.  I always like to mix the different embellishments because it adds fun variety to your pages.  And I decided to use pop dots behind the book ephemera piece and a chipboard piece to give some of the embellishments more dimension.


I used the TN paper on the right-hand side to document some of the books our son likes to read.  It's taken a while for him to become interested in reading, outside of school work, but I am so glad he has found some books he enjoys reading.  This paper had the different colored boxes that were numbered, so the page worked perfectly for documenting the books and authors.


I finished the right-hand side with a mix of ephemera, puffy stickers and stamping.  If I use a certain thing on one side of the layout, I usually like to bring it over to the other side to create a balanced look.  I also used two more Digitals from the Cut-aparts to make extra embellishments.  I sized the "I read past my bedtime" circle to 1 inch and punched it with my circle punch.  And I printed the "only this" tab as well, and used the paper trimmer to cut it.  The Digital files give you so many fun options!

I'm so glad you stopped by today, and I hope you will play along with the 3-to-Inspire challenge!  Please share your projects in the Citrus Twist Facebook Fan Page.  I would love to see your take on the challenge, so make sure to tag me when you post!

No comments:

Post a Comment