Monday, June 15, 2020

Meet Our Guest Designer: MELANIE FUNKE



Hello CTK friends!
Today we are so excited to welcome and introduce our June 2020 Guest Designer : MELANIE FUNKE.   Melanie is a past design team member, subscriber and overall awesome designer and friend.   Her clean and colorful designs are always a joy to find in our feed, and we think you are going to love her as much as we do! 
Here is Melanie...


I live in the north west of Germany in a small town near Cologne called Bergisch Gladbach with my life partner. In my spare time I love being outside riding my bike or going on hikes. But I also enjoy cooking and baking and love cuddling up on the sofa listening to a good audiobook or watching a show on netflix. 
When it comes to scrapbooking, Layouts are my favorite but I also love working in the Life Crafted Album, it’s such a great format to document every day life, and making a mini every now and then.

Q & A with Melanie

When did you start Scrapbooking?
 I started scrapbooking in 2013 by documenting our December. I was lucky enough to
have a local scrapbook store where I could try out things like different inks or die cutting and was taught some techniques by the nice owner while I was shopping for supplies. After making some Minis I started to create layouts and was hooked ever since.

What is something most people would not know about you?
When I’m not in the mood for scrapbooking but want to make something anyway I crochet. It’s so relaxing and I can do it even when I’m not feeling my best and don’t have a lot of creative energy.

What are the 3 scrapbooking products you can't live without?
patterned paper, die cuts, stamps

What do you love about the June - CRAVINGS Life Crafted kit?
I love the colors of the kit, the soft lilacs combined with the mustardy yellow and the pinks look so pretty together.  The die cuts are so versatile and I love the frames, flowers and butterflies.  The theme of the kit is great, too.  I had so many ideas on what to document with the kit!

Finish this sentence “If you could see my scrapbooking space now . . . “ 
 you would see a mess. I’ve just finished a project and inks, die cuts, stamps and papers are  scattered all over my desk. I’m a neat and tidy person and love having my things organized, but when I’m creating my desk becomes messy very quickly.
  



-----------------------------------------------------------------------------


Hey crafty friends,

I’m so thrilled to share my first project with you today I made by using the gorgeous June Cravings Kit. I created some spreads in my Life Crafted Album using some pictures I took during May, the Kit is just perfect for documenting every day life.

For the first spread I used two 3x4 cards on the left hand side and a page protector with 8 2x2 pockets for the right hand side.
I didn’t fill in all of the pockets, so that you can see through and you get a peek of the picture of my second spread.



I kept the left side pretty simple by putting the lovely rainbow text card and a picture into the pockets. I stamped a text on a label and used my attacher to secure it onto the picture. When I work in pocket pages I love to add something outside the pockets. It gives a different texture and makes it more interesting while flipping through the album. So I stuck two of the puffy stickers to each of the pockets.



For the spread on the right hand side I used some 3x4 cards from the kit and cut them into 2x2 inch squares. I added some  diecuts and used my sewing machine give it a little more texture. On this page I used some of the chipboard stickers and put them outside the pockets.



I added some stamped images to my pictures and placed the title directly onto the page protector with one of those cute small puffy hearts. I love how you can see through to the other spread.



For my second spread I filled the same pockets on the backside of the 2x2 page protector again using some stitching and some embellishments outside the pockets.






As I didn’t have room for my journaling, I made a little flip card to write down my text and put it into one of the pockets.



I added some stamping to my full page picture using this month’s stamp set and a chipboard to finish the spread.




For my third spread I used two patterned papers to create my background. I stuck one of them  inside the page protector and punched holes into the other one so that I could put it directly into the album.



I created kind of a grid layout on the left hand side by using the frames of the die cuts and my picture and added some puffy stickers and stamping onto the page. To finish it off, I glued the cute butterfly onto the page protector.



I also used one of the frames on the right hand side but this time for my picture. I added three embellishments around the picture to make the eye glide over page and placed my journaling at the bottom of the page, using a stamp to add more interest.



I hope I have inspired you to create something pretty with your Life Crafted Kits and I can’t wait to see what you’re making.

Have fun creating,
Melanie 





These layouts are amazing, Melanie... we just love how she used the kits in her Life Crafted album, so many beautiful details.   Be sure to leave Melanie some love and follow her on  social media...  https://www.instagram.com/mefunscrapt/ you are going to love her style and projects.


XO

No comments:

Post a Comment