Monday, June 1, 2020

Life Crafted Layout using June Add On Kit with Kira




Hey there!  It's Kira and I am back with another layout in my Life Crafted album.  I used the June add-on kit to create this layout, here's a look at the finished product:


I started this layout with a sweet story about my son and cats.  We have two cats, Biscuit and Waffles, but Waffles is the one who is always making biscuits (you know that cute thing cats do where they look like they're kneading bread?).  So my oldest son and I came up with a song for the cats:  Waffles makes the biscuits, Biscuit makes the waffles.  I take a lot of cute photos of the cats, without much story besides they looked cute.  So I grabbed a few for this layout and printed the main one in color and the others in black and white.

I typed up my journaling on a piece of 4.25x8.25 white cardstock, then used this paper as my base for the layout.  I used some pieces of patterned paper from the add-on kit to layer behind my photo.



I decided to go a little whimsical with my title and embellishment placement since this is a sort of whimsical story.  I used the alphas included in the kit to spell the title, Waffles Makes Biscuits, vertically down my page, overlapping the photo.



On the reverse page, I placed the three 1.5" photos vertically down my page.  To tie it in with the rest of the layout, I created a layered strip on the right side of the page.



Thanks for stopping by!

xo, Kira




No comments:

Post a Comment