Sunday, June 14, 2020

SUNDAY SKETCH with Nathalie


Hi there!
Nathalie with you today with this week's Sunday Sketch challenge.   I love working with sketches as they provide a blueprint for your project, and makes it easier and faster to create a project.   This week's sketch is a fun one, and i am sure you are going to love it:



For my first project, i chose to follow the sketch, and used only the June Add-on kit to build the layout



For my 12x12 layout, i chose to start the page with a bit of mixed media.   I created a rainbow impression of a stencil on the background of the page ( using Vicki Boutin Art Crayons).   My choice of colors in the paper layers are guided in part by the rainbow colors on the background.





I loved the ephemera from Maggie Holmes Sweet Story collection ( featured in this month's Add on kit).  One of the pieces featured a sentiment that matched the story of the page, so, i chose to  use it to create an interactive element for my page, and cover the journal lines with it.  For this, i used a brad to hold the pieces together, and make it able to swivel to reveal the story.



The biggest changes from the sketch are my choice of hearts instead of stars, the title placement and all the stamping around each cluster of hearts, but who can resist all the beautiful stamps each month.

Well, now let me show you how i was inspired by the sketch to create a page on my Family album:



This time, I used a combination of the Add on kit, Cravings Life Crafted kit and this month's Digital TN papers in my page.



For this layout, i rotated the sketch 90 degrees counterclockwise and then treated the photo and journal spot as one big picture, hence my film strip.   I added layers of papers from the Add on kit, and Digital papers as to follow  some of the layers in the original sketch.  I made sure to place the pictures and layers close to the center line of the layout ( i worked the page as a whole before splitting it up and punching holes)



I hand cut the stars from the Add-on papers and layered them as per the sketch.  Along the way, i added a few embellishments and stickers just as the sketch shows.  Once everything was secured, i trimmed my page in half and punched the holes.



The last change comes as i replaced the small label on the paper strip with the title for my page.  I used the ephemera and puffy alphas from the Life Crafted kit to complete my page.  I chose to add my lines of journal under the title and capped the page with a stamped sentiment from the This is Life: YES Stamp set.   

I loved working with the sketch and using it as inspiration for my layouts. Like i mentioned before, a sketch is a great starting point for your imagination, the rest is up to you.   Though our kits are sold out this month, it is always a good time to start a subscription for the upcoming month! 

Remember to share with us what you create inspired by the sketch!!

XO


No comments:

Post a Comment