Tuesday, July 2, 2019

This View with Marsha

Hey friends!  Marsha here to share a layout in my Life Crafted Album using the new July Life Crafted "Best of This Life" kit and the This is Life Chasing Curiosities stamps.

Here's a look at the layout:


For most of my layouts, I use only one photo.  Today, I challenged myself to use multiple photos on a page.  To begin, I chose a few pictures from a family beach trip last summer.  I love the beach view and the photos of my sons checking out the sunset from the pier.

I used the grid patterned paper from the kit as the background (I LOVE grid papers) and added a strip of the colorful triangle patterned paper to the edge of the page.  Next, I added my photos and used some of the puffy cardstock stickers, chipboard stickers, and enamel shapes to embellish around the photo.  I also stamped a couple of the ticket shapes from the Chasing Curiosities stamp set, using a light pink ink, and added them to the clusters.


For the title, I used the woodgrain chipboard alphabet stickers to spell out "This View," and added some machine stitching for extra texture and interest.


For the left side of the spread, I used one of the pocket pages that holds 2- 3x4 cards.  I printed the beach view photo to fit in one of the pockets.  I kept it really simple by adding a label, a chipboard tab, and a few of the enamel shapes to the edge of the photo.


For the other pocket, I added some typed journaling to a card from the kit.  I love the imperfect look of the typed journaling using my vintage typewriter.  I added puffy stickers, some ephemera pieces, and more stamping.  To finish off the card, I added some machine stitching.


Here's a final look at the layout:


Thank you for joining me today!  I can't wait to see what you create with this month's Life Crafted kit!


No comments:

Post a Comment