Sunday, July 14, 2019

Sunday Sketch | Pink Space Buns


Sketches and I are like two peas and a pod. Sometimes I get stumped when it comes to 12x12 layouts, and when that happens I turn to a fabulous sketch.  There’s nothing like a great sketch to get the creative wheels turning, and this CTK one is no exception.


For this particular sketch I knew I wanted to keep the ripped pieces at the top, and I also wanted to keep the great grid in the middle, so I started with some ripped bazzil colored cardstock. I love that it comes in any color I could ever need.



I layered up a bright pink and a yellow for my ripped sheets at the top.  I decided I wanted my accent on the upper and lower sections, including the background of the grid, to be a scrap of pink book page from a prior project. It brought in the great peachy color, that tied in it all together with that vibrant striped patterned paper.



Next I got started on that great 3x4 grid section.  I decided I’d arrange my photo on the right side, as in the sketch, and I’d stick pretty close to it on the opposing side too. I decided to fussy cut the great bright pink star sheet of cardstock from this month’s kit. Those stars were the perfect addition to match my “Pink Space Buns” theme.



I layered in some wax paper, my old book page, fussy-cut stars, and various ephemera pieces to create a bright and vibrant layout from this sketch. I wanted a super colorful layout, with big punches of pink, so I think I achieved my goal!



I finished off my layout with some journaling, and just like the sketch, I added my giant title to the bottom, with the amazing chipboard alphas in this month’s kit!



2 comments:

  1. A writer should always try to keep its writing very simple and clear. Always use facts which are easily acceptable by general people because they are very close to their assumptions and they welcome such kind of facts.kookworkshop utrecht

    ReplyDelete
  2. our enthusiasm leads you beyond the limits. When you feel yourself enthusiastic that’s the time you can cross any limit. You seek to get perfection by using the ability of work. Read such motivational article and definitely it will help you to know new facts.opleiding eigen bedrijf

    ReplyDelete